Advanced Beginner Clinics
When: Mondays & Fridays, 1/2/23 - 3/3/23
Time: 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Where: Hickory Hills
Age: 5 + (must be 5 by date of first clinic)
DOES NOT INCLUDE Hickory Hills lift tickets. These must be purchased separately from the GTSC programs at the hill. See rates here
The Advanced Beginner Clinics are meant for newer skiers at least 5 years of age. All participants must meet the program requirements listed below. The Advanced Beginner Clinics serve as a bridge between the Learn to Ski Clinics and the Instructional Ski Clinics. There is a heavy emphasis on fun, skill-building, and learning the fundamentals of modern ski technique.
- Minimum age is 5
- Grouped by age & ability
- Skiers must be able to perform the following skills:
- Turn right, turn left, stop
- Magna Carta tow to the 3rd Barrel
- Put on their own equipment
- Know at least 1 of the 7 skier responsibility code.
- All skiers must bring and wear a ski helmet and bring their own skis and boots.
- Hickory Hills ski tickets must be purchased separately from the GTSC programs.
- GTSC Fees do not include lift tickets. See rates here.
- Rental Equipment is now available at Hickory Hills.
- Skiers must pass the following to advance:
- Ride all tows independently
- Basic parallel turn down Magna Carta
- Know all 7 points of the Skiers Responsibility Code